Safety means first aid to the uninjured.
There are so many different kinds of jobs out there in the world. Some jobs deal with a lot of physical work, whereas others mainly have mental stress. Safety is an important consideration that has to be thought of for carrying out work smoothly, where ever it might be.
This particularly applies to people who are involved in physical work in a factory. However, for those working on computers in a company too, there are general safety messages placed in certain places at the office.
Use of Workplace Health and Safety Messages
Workplace safety messages are the primary mode of communication to make sure employees work in a safe environment. There are even some legal requirements when it comes to safety at the workplace.
These messages and boards effectively do the job of letting workers and staff know about surrounding conditions that can prove harmful to them.
Every company, be it big or small, should have some or the other safety messages placed. These messages can be anything to make a note of dangerous substances in a room, or simply showing a fire exit in case of an emergency.
Employers may even be required to put small safety boards where people need to be directed in the workplace. These signs and messages are to be put where there are dangerous substances flowing through pipelines in a factory. Same goes to stores or rooms where harmful material is kept. Messages are to be put along with fire safety equipment.
Most Common Health and Safety Messages
These messages are generally required to have arrows that show directions or further actions in emergencies. Besides, warning messages about fire protection or prevention, are to be shown in red.
There are some messages which may be required to be put up in other colors. It is said that an image tells much more than many words. Considering this, instead of words, you can show a clear picture of the message. Health messages are also as important as safety ones.
These messages may have ideas to avoid mental or physical stress at the workplace. Most of these messages are normally available at work or at factories for workers' safety. Here are some creative and witty messages that can be used for the purpose of general safety at work.
General Health and Safety Messages
There are a few quotes about workplace safety that tell readers to be aware of any possible danger. You can use standard ones or even come up with some unique creative ways to give out a much-needed message. The main intention is just to prevent an accident or an unfortunate incident.
Some such famous general safety quotes are included in the following.
- Accidents hurt - Safety doesn't.
- Safety First...For a Better Workplace.
- Safety...Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow.
- Life did not begin by accident. Don't end it as one.
- Forgot your hearing protection? Forget about hearing!
- Tomorrow - Your reward for working safely today.
- Prepare & prevent instead of repair & repent.
- Safety is a full-time job, don't make it a part-time practice.
- Feel the ache? Stretch or take a break.
- Going home safe today is no accident.
- Safety rules are the best tools.
- A safe workplace sets the mood for a high achievement attitude.
- The door to safety swings on the hinges of common sense.
- Ensuring safety is a common business.
- Be alert, be aware, be alive.
- Alert today. Alive tomorrow.
- Safety is a state of mind - accidents are an absence of mind.
- Make safety a way of life.
- Every accident - every time - if it's predictable it's preventable.
- Is better to lose one minute in life...than to lose life in a minute.
- This machine can kill you.
- A spill, a slip, a hospital trip.
- Your workplace is your kingdom. Make it a safe one.
- The safe way is the only way.
- Stay on top of safety, or it could end up on top of you.
- Safety first will make you last.
You can even use some of the safety quotes as a 'workplace safety message of the day'. It is totally the responsibility of the company administrative department to make sure all safety boards and messages are put correctly and at appropriate places. Properly placed safety messages for work, significantly contribute to preventive actions at the workplace.