Those of you who think office and work parties are boring events that you are forced to attend, think again. Nowadays, organizations are revamping the ways in which they celebrate, along with the reasons for celebrations. While some celebrate special occasions and events, others believe that a celebration is simply imperative to get a break from the routine.
Whatever the reason, an office party is time to have some fun, lose the facade of formality, and be yourself. Here's a look at some ideas you can use.
Fun Ideas for an Office Party
Fun is the main ingredient of any party, be it professional or personal. No matter how formal you are otherwise, you must have a good time so that the party is memorable. Take a look at these guidelines and ideas.
In fact, every member of the organization is a different person outside the office, and this is a side you can get to see if you decide to have your party outside the work environment. Some options include:
- Banquet hall in a hotel
- Pool-side party
- The beach
- Office picnic/cruise
Choose from some of the following theme ideas for this element of fun:
- Hollywood/Superhero theme
- Themes based on the current season
- Dress code (e.g. specific accessory to be worn by employees)
- 60s'/70s'/80s' theme
- Bizarre Movie Trivia (based on bizarre aspects of the movie)
- Funny Employee Awards (always-a-minute-late award or maximum-coffee-drinker award)
- Employee Trivia (guess employee name based)
For an office party, it is best to serve food that can be eaten on the go, while socializing and engaging in games and activities. Some offices even follow the potluck tradition where each employee brings something to eat. This adds substantial variety to the menu. For some fun, you could have a 'best-dish-contest' and give away prizes for the same.
- on-alcoholic fruit punches
- Kebabs/Mozzarella and cherry tomatoes on skewers
- Cupcakes/Mousse for dessert
You could follow all the mentioned ideas for the same, but do remember to keep the focus on the employee whose birthday it is, else it will be just like any other office party.