It is essential for the work force to understand the management's commitment to, and appreciation for the overall contribution to the company's success.
The industrial safety training measures adopted within the company empower the employees with directed handling, and the application of specific procedures required for various materials that may be in use. They are also taught the technique and importance of operating the machinery and various tasks safely.
The training provides them with the capability of ensuring optimization of the time on hand, to upgrade the organizational productivity. The training is very adaptable, and helps the employees to effectively choose the right protective clothing and equipment to safeguard themselves against any hazardous material or task at hand.
- In case of those undertakings that are part of the construction industry, the employees are taught safe use of ladders, pulleys, scaffoldings, powered industrial trucks, gravity, and powered conveyors.
- The conditions under which they expose themselves to electric shock, and the effective procedures to be adopted in each unique case, till medical help arrives for the treatment of electric shock, is imparted.
- The training is handled by a consultant whose sole task is to devise individualized programs, to complete the course opted for by the management.
Special Features of the Program
- The training is provided within a predetermined, expanded, or contracted lesson block.
- It is designed to provide the trainees with specific instructions for safe work practice.
- The course, according to the industry in question, also accommodates lessons in fire safety, use of pressurized gases, chemical and electrical hazards, welding, and safe machine and material handling.
Benefit for the Company
- In case of big industries that employ extensive use of various machinery and complex gadgets, injuries in the work place cost the management millions of dollars in medical costs.
- The management also has to look into lost wages and the resultant production losses.
- This course helps trainees to give safety its due importance, and shift beyond common sense in the application of preventive techniques.
In-house Team Knowledge
- When an employee completes the training study unit, he or she is equipped with information on the agencies that make and enforce the safety regulations and determine employee responsibilities.
- The team is able to understand the physical hazards associated with the chemicals in use, and apply the techniques to prevent accidents.
- The whole team understands the importance of machine guarding, and can classify fire and extinguishing measures, in the case of any unfortunate event.
- They get empowered with the proper techniques to lift heavy loads, and use hand and power tools in welding or hot cutting operations.
The importance of training cannot be ignored. It helps in the whole endeavor of the management to improve the work place, with effective job analysis and application of the science of ergonomics.
The management is able to keep in place the required personal protective equipment, and adhere to the industry specific safety regulations. This helps them to effectively and efficiently address and resolve key safety issues that may arise at the work place.