It is essential for the work force to understand the management's commitment to, and appreciation for the overall contribution to the company's success. The industrial safety training measures adopted within the company empower the employees with directed handling, and the application of specific procedures required for various materials that may be in use. They are also taught the technique and importance of operating the machinery and various tasks safely. The training provides them with the capability of ensuring optimization of the time on hand, to upgrade the organizational productivity. The training is very adaptable, and helps the employees to effectively choose the right protective clothing and equipment to safeguard themselves against any hazardous material or task at hand.
Protocol that is Taught
Protocol that is Taught
- Employees are shown the proper methods to avoid accidents and the correct practice, especially when handling electric tools.
- In case of those undertakings that are part of the construction industry, the employees are taught safe use of ladders, pulleys, scaffoldings, powered industrial trucks, gravity, and powered conveyors.
- The conditions under which they expose themselves to electric shock, and the effective procedures to be adopted in each unique case, till medical help arrives for the treatment of electric shock, is imparted.
- The training is handled by a consultant whose sole task is to devise individualized programs, to complete the course opted for by the management.
- The training is provided within a predetermined, expanded, or contracted lesson block.
- It is designed to provide the trainees with specific instructions for safe work practice.
- Within each lesson block, there is an introductory unit that emphasizes on the application of tried-and-tested safety philosophies and terminology, and the Right-to-Know laws applicable within the industry.
- The course, according to the industry in question, also accommodates lessons in fire safety, use of pressurized gases, chemical and electrical hazards, welding, and safe machine and material handling.
- The course is designed to impart the knowledge of safe practices within the specific industrial setting, and making every human component of the organization familiar with the various accident prevention techniques, with the help of personal, protective equipment.
- In case of big industries that employ extensive use of various machinery and complex gadgets, injuries in the work place cost the management millions of dollars in medical costs.
- The management also has to look into lost wages and the resultant production losses.
- By implementing a time slot at induction for industrial safety training and revised refresher courses each year, many injuries can be prevented with the understanding of how these accidents occur.
- This course helps trainees to give safety its due importance, and shift beyond common sense in the application of preventive techniques.
- When an employee completes the training study unit, he or she is equipped with information on the agencies that make and enforce the safety regulations and determine employee responsibilities.
- The team is able to understand the physical hazards associated with the chemicals in use, and apply the techniques to prevent accidents.
- The whole team understands the importance of machine guarding, and can classify fire and extinguishing measures, in the case of any unfortunate event.
- They get empowered with the proper techniques to lift heavy loads, and use hand and power tools in welding or hot cutting operations.